Cathie Wood’s ARK Invest Enters Bitcoin ETF Race
Cathie Wood’s ARK Investment Management has joined the race to get a bitcoin exchange-traded fund (ETF) approved by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- According to SEC filings, the noted tech investor is applying to create the ARK 21Shares Bitcoin ETF.
- The vehicle would tap 21Shares’ expertise in spinning up crypto ETFs, mostly in Europe.
- ARK joins the swelling ranks of companies hoping this will be the year the SEC approves a bitcoin ETF.
- The SEC has swatted down dozens of bitcoin ETF proposals in recent years.
- Wood joined the board of Amun Holdings, the parent company of 21Shares, in May.
This is a developing story and will be updated.